Thursday, August 2, 2012

Call Me Maybe...

So I'm at home busily packing for my trip to Puerto Rico, minding my own business when I get a text message from a number I don't recognize saying, "Guess who?"

The number wasn't familiar to me at all.  Despite having bathing suits, and granny panties (the best kind to fly in, more on that in another post) strewn all over my bed as I busily packed, I played along and texted back, "Hmmm I'll need a hint."

At best I thought it could be an old friend reconnecting, and at worst someone trying to sell me Amway or make me a sister-wife.  The later two being my two top fears when meeting new people.

The hint texted back was this photo:


Though I have a significant other, I'm not dead and I have eyes.  After taking a few seconds to contemplate this photo, I realized he had the wrong number.  Okay, maybe I studied it for two minutes and I might have texted it to my college aged daughters saying "Meet your new daddy."

After awaking from fantasy land I texted him back letting him know that though I appreciated the photo, he had the wrong number.

After a few more texts back and forth he realized that he did indeed have the wrong number.  Unfortunatley he wasn't looking for a 40 something year old mother of 3 in the midwest.

Instead he was trying to reach a girl he knows named Ashley who just changed her number, but apparently incorrectly memorized my number, which is the one she gave him.

God only knows who else she may have shared my number with, though if her friends look like this guy I'm not going to complain.  There could be worse things than being sent photos of attractive young men.  Like someone trying to sell you Amway or trying to make you a sister-wife.




1 comment:

Tara said...

Love it! Coulda been way worse! :D