Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Please Don't Speak Directly to the Title Holder!

I'm in Puerto Rico for a week, supporting my BFF Tamara Jett, the current Ms. Midwest World International, at the Ms. World International Pageant.  My official title is "The Assistant to The Title Holder", and I take my role seriously.

Tamara and I shopping in Old San Juan
Tamara's schedule is packed with everything from rehearsals to visiting the home of the honorable Governor of Puerto Rico. Oddly, I wasn't invited along on that one.  I'm sure it's because I'm from Hawaii and the people of Puerto Rico resent us because our beaches are nicer.

 As the Assistant to the Title Holder I've been coordinating her social media, helping to prepare her wardrobe, and stopping the masses from speaking directly to the title holder.  Though, she keeps telling me that last part is not neccsessary and I need to stop saying "Please don't speak directly to the title holder" when the waitstaff asks to take her order in a restaurant.

Buidling her gift boxes. I don't craft for just anyone

It's not all work, work, work.  Tamara said if I did a good job of steaming her gown, I could then attend the red carpet party, which I did.

Channeling Cinderella as I steam, steam, steam
All joking aside, this has been an incredible trip so far.  I've made new friends from all over the world.  I've become particularly fond of my new friend Jacoline from South Africa.  I almost considered dumping Tamara as my BFF in favor of Jacoline.  Especially after Tamara woke my butt up at 6:00am two days in a row.

My new friend Jacoline from South Africa
Tamara and I like to say "There is no "I" in crown".  We are a team and it is Team Jett all the way!  I'm the half of the team that gets to sip cocktails poolside while she is at rehearsal.

My day in beverages


No comments: