Friday, August 17, 2012

Just Call Me Mother Teresa

If you know me, you know I am reluctant to share the intimate details of the lives of those I love.  If you know me well, you know that I just lied.

One of the reasons I started blogging years ago was to share with the world the gems of wisdom and hilarity that came out of my mother's mouth.  Things like when she thought her deaf chihuahua could read lips, or the time she was convinced she got pneumonia from being exposed to cat pee.

A phrase I often heard from my mom was "If you put that on your blog I'm going to kill you."  Being the good daughter that I am, I never let that stop me from writing about her.  I inherited my sense of humor from my mom.  She always eventualy got a chuckle out of what I wrote about her, even if it mortified her in the moment.

That being said, my family and friends know that what happens with them in real life, may very well end up on my blog.  This doesn't stop them from inviting me along on things.

Recently I've become quite the caretaker, some might even say "miracle healer."  Okay, no one has called me a miracle healer, but  I make a good driver to and from, if you are having a medical procedure.  I'll gather up your care instructions, hold your hand, and of course take photos, which I'll then post on facebook, twitter and my blog.

Here is my Gay BFF James when I took him for his Lasik procedure. Note the comforting stuffed puppy he is holding.

James going under the laser
I jumped at the chance to support my sister Lana when she had to get four wisdom teeth pulled out.  Lana hates pain more than most of us and was very nervous about the procedure.  Here she is before.
Lana before going under
Here is Lana fresh out of her oral surgery.

Lana waking up

I took my photos before I saw this sign.


If you need someone to chaparone you to a medical procedure, I'm your gal.  I'm in the market for attending a colonoscopy, so keep that in mind.  Just give me enough lead time to charge my camera.

No comments: