Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tommy's Tonka Trolley - Stand-up Paddle Boarding

I'm about a 10 minute walk from Lake Minnetonka, though I'm not likely to walk to it.  I'm more likely to park near it.  This summer I've enjoyed trying to stand-up paddle boarding for the first time.

First time out

Tommy's Tonka Trolley is located right at the water's edge at the Port of Excelsior.  In addition to delicious ice cream and treats, Tommy's rents stand-up paddle boards and kayaks by the hour at a very reasonable rate.  It's not a bad idea to call 952-220-0101 and make a reservation, especially if you are wanting to rent multiple kayaks or stand-up paddle boards.

My niece & daughter failing at stand-up paddle board yoga.
It was NOT cold enough to need a wetsuit.  It had been in the 90's for days, but only in the 70's on this particular day making the girls think they were going to freeze.

I didn't think Loki was ready to try stand-up paddle boarding, so I took him out in one of Tommy's kayaks instead.



Loki loved being out on the lake with the wind blowing in his hair.  Here he is acting like a diva, trying to get me to paddle faster.


Doing the stand-up paddle board was easier than I thought it would be.  Though I hate working out, it was a fun way to get moving and see the lake at the same time.

No comments: