Thursday, March 14, 2013

Why I'm Obsessed with Antiquity Rose

Photo by: Al Whitaker
One of my favorite lunch spots in Excelsior is Antiquity Rose. I'm there at least twice a week having lunch with my sister or friends. It's where we go when we want some home cooked goodness in a comforting atmosphere.

The waitresses and staff are like family, and are a real hoot to hang out with while you enjoy lunch or breakfast.  Don't be surprised to see a little good natured ribbing between a particular waitress named Martha, and the cook Sheila. They deserve their own reality show.

From Vege Wraps and Salads, to Casseroles and Homemade Desserts, they have it all.  Right now I'm obsessed with their Garden Salad with a scoop of Tuna. I order it without the Cheese and Croutons, and with extra cucumbers.
My Current Obsession

I'm also a huge fan of their Chef Salad.  They make their own Blue Cheese dressing, that is amazing!  I always order it on the side.

Chef Salad

Their food is homemade, along with their desserts.  Feast your eyes on their Pecan Pie. It's so good!
Homemade Pecan Pie

Antiquity Rose is open Monday through Saturday from 11:00am till 2:30pm for Lunch. For Breakfast they are open Saturday from 8:00am-10:30am.  It's a fun place to meet up, catch up and enjoy a fabulous meal.

post signature

No comments: