Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mommalicious Joins the Excelsior Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce

There has not been a better partnership since Lewis and Clark, or Lucy and Ethel.  I've joined forces with the Excelsior Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce and have become one of their newest members.

Given my involvement in the community aka:" How I'm always sticking my nose in other people's business.", it seemed only fitting that I officially became a member.  Plus their meetings are served over a yummy sit down lunch at Biella in downtown Excelsior, and their parties tend to involve copious amounts of wine, which is just fine by me.

As part of this new partnership I'm working with the Lake Minnetonka Communications Commission on a community TV show called "Out and About".  Basically it will highlight the latest and greatest happenings in Excelsior and surrounding communities.

At today's monthly Chamber luncheon at Biella, we shot our first edition of "Out and About". Later I'll be able to share it on my blog.  Below is a photo of me doing my first on camera shots. I'm not loving the bright spotlight. I look best in candle light, but the Production Manager Chris Vogt said shooting our show using candle light was just not going to happen.
Out and About TV 
Normally I hate meetings and avoid them like the dentist. It turns out that these Chamber luncheons are quite informative, and I'm so glad I went.  Here are the highlights that have me excited:


  • As soon as the weather warms up Twin Town Pedicabs will have about 8 cabs running in and around Excelsior.  For a small fee they will bike your drunk butt home after a night out on the town, providing you don't live that far.  I suppose families will also enjoy a pedicab around town. 
  • Biella is expanding and will be moving to the corner of 2nd Street and Water St.  They will be adding a steak menu. There will NOT be a separate steakhouse in that spot.  They are shooting for an end of June opening.
  • Because of the strike or walk out or something involving the Minnesota Orchestra, at this year's 4th of July celebration "The Wolverine Orchestra" will be headlining in their place.

Excelsior Historian and Author Bob Williams was the guest speaker today. He was quite charming and full of anecdotes of what life was like in Excelsior during the depression era.  Bob just turned 91 this past December.  I'm amazed with what he can remember and share, when I couldn't tell you what I had for lunch two days ago.

Here is a little video of my pedicab ride down Water St. today.




post signature

No comments: