Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Latest Love Affair


I've been involved in a life long love affair with baked goods. A Chocolate croissant has never judged me, a blueberry muffin has never betrayed me.

A month ago Patisserie Margo opened on Water Street here in Excelsior, we have been inseparable ever since.   As a matter of fact I'm sitting in the bakery right now basking in the afterglow of my Quiche Lorraine.

I have been on a mission since this fine establishment has opened.  My goal is to be the first Excelsior resident to try one of every type of baked good (single serving items) that Patisserie Margo has to offer.  Collin (pictured with me) who is Margo's son and the Manager, has almost committed to putting up a plaque to mark the occasion when my goal is reached.

It is with great pride an accomplishment that I tell you I have only three items to go!  In addition to the scrumptious bakery items they carry sandwiches, gourmet soups and delicious quiche, all of which I have tried.  

With the warmer days we have been having here in Minnesota, I've enjoy sitting in their outdoor patio area, while sipping my espresso, and delicately breaking off pieces of my morning scone.

Stay tuned for the big announcement when I reach my goal!


No comments: