Friday, April 24, 2009

Have Spear Will Travel


Note: I'm behind on blogging because there is no cell reception or internet where we are staying.  Each day I have to wait until we drive down the mountain towards Kona till I can get online in the car (using my internet card) as I am now, risking motion sickness to share with you).

Proudly I announce that I Natalie Hagemo entered the ocean at the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel.  My father has three daughters and of the three of us only one (Nahe pictured here with me) took to the ocean like he did.  Nahe surfs, snorkels and recently started to spear fish.

We went snorkling, Nahe with spear in hand searching for fish.  Though I am not the natural fish in the water that my little sister is, I played a part in the spearing of her first fish.

My job was to distract and corner the victim while Nahe went in for the kill and we were successful, okay Nahe mostly but I helped.

I was quite proud of myself.  Other than being chased by a sea turtle, my snorkeling experience was amazing.  My dad claims the sea turtle was swimming away from someone else and not in fact charging at me.  Easy for him to say he wasn't frantically screaming underwater trying to escape the beast.

Today we hope to find my Uncle Duane in Kona who teaches surfing and do some surfing.  

No comments: