Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Excelsior Farmer's Market

Well spring has finally arrived in Minnesota, or as I like to call it "That time of year when my winter jeans are too big, and my summer jeans are too small."  It's time to shed my winter insulation.  It's also time for the Excelsior Farmer's Market, which started last Thursday!

For the first time the Excelsior Farmer's Market is right down Water Street in downtown Excelsior between 2nd and 3rd street.  From 2pm-6pm each Thursday you can hit the market and find all types of goodies.

Excelsior Farmer's Market Photo by Susan Austin
Now keep in mind this is Minnesota and we had a late spring.  One retail store owner told me that at least 10 people came into her store stating that they wished there was more produce at the market.  People, they need time to grow the produce!  It isn't shipped in from California, or wherever it is vegetables come from in the winter.

Excelsior Farmer's Market Photo by Susan Austin

It was also time to tape another episode of "Out and About" for Community TV, which should be airing in the next week or so.  Cameraman Tyler and I had a great time chatting with some of the vendors.  I'm proud of the fact that though this is only my second taping, I did not swear once through the entire thing.

Tyler and I shooting Out and About. Photo by Susan Austin
Check out the Excelsior Farmer's Market where you may find something new each week.  Be sure to sample the jellies and jams.  The woman who makes those does an amazing job!

post signature

1 comment:

Sue said...

Yay! All in all, a grand opening for the Farmer's Market! Much more to come! ~Sue