Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lago Tacos - My New Obsession

Having been raised on an island in the Pacific, I'm use to not having to travel that far from my home for what I need, be it the grocery store, restaurants, shopping etc.  I think that has a lot to do with why I love living in Excelsior, Minnesota.  Everything I need is nearby.

Until recently, we were in need of a Taco place. For months I've obsessed over the opening of Lago Tacos on Water Street in Excelsior.

Peering into the windows, willing them to open
Finally last week they threw open their doors and introduced the town to their 28 different types of tequila, Street Style Tacos, and massive Burritos. I've already been there four times, and I'm happy to say that they were worth the wait.

I've worked my way through about half of their menu items.  Right now my favorite is their Steak Quesadillas. Their Walleye Tacos and El Pastor (Pork) Tacos are also at the top of my list.

Steak Quesadillas

Lago Tacos serves lunch starting at 11am, and dinner with a Happy Hour from 3pm-6pm. Starting March 16th they will be serving breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays when they will open at 8:00am. I'm counting the days until March 16th when I can try their breakfast menu.

post signature

No comments: