Monday, February 25, 2013

If you see me running...

Anyone who knows me well knows that, if you see me running it means I'm being chased by a zombie, or Bradley Cooper is in town, meaning a restraining order against me will probably follow.


If I'm running a zombie is coming or I'm after Bradley Cooper
 Even when I use to work out regularly, running was not a part of my routine if I could help it. This may all change for a good cause. The Jake O'Conners Luck o' The Lake 5K Fun Run is March 16th right here in Excelsior.  The 5K benefits Community Events such as Art on the Lake, 4th of July and others.

It kicks off at the Excelsior Brewery, which is a plus.  I'm not sure where it ends, but I know for me it will end at Jake O'Conners Public House aka: Our very own Irish Pub in Excelsior.  More than likely I'll be doing more walking during the 5K than running.  Either way, I'll be out supporting a great cause in our community.

You can sign up for the 5K by visiting this link Jake O'Conners Luck o' The Lake 5K.  You can also support community efforts buy purchasing a fabulous Luck o' The Lake 5K hoodie.  I'm wearing mine here.


You can purchase a hoodie at the following Excelsior businesses:

Patisserie Margo
Brightwater Clothing and Gear
Excelsior Brewing Company
Jake O'Conners Public House

I've signed up for 3 5Ks but I've never done one. It's on my bucket list to do one, so this one looks promising.

Hope to see you there! Dressing up to show your St. Patrick's Day spirit is encouraged, unless you are Bradley Cooper, then just show up topless in a speedo.
post signature

1 comment:

Kaira said...

I'd run for him too. :)