Sunday, August 8, 2010

Paranormal Activity?

Part of our room at the B and B




Lana and I have been very busy experiencing New Orleans.  I don't even know where to start with sharing all that we have done.  For now I'll fill you in on how your paranormal exploration has gone.

As I posted earlier, our first night at the B and B was active with what could be paranormal activity.  From the fuzzy TV,my facebook post disappearing, and creaking floors in the middle of the night, there was no shortage of possibilities.  The next day I tried to enter our room using our key.  I could not remove the key to save my life and gave up.  Lana walked up and pulled the key right out of the lock with ease.  I tried to turn off the bathroom light and could not get it to go off.  Lana flipped the switch once and it went off.


Because of this we determined that if we are being haunted, whoever it is has an issue with me.  To be on the safe side I apologized out loud to anyone I may have possibly offended.  Since then, no fuzzy TV, the internet is now fast in our room (it had been slow as all get out) and I can use the key to get in the room.  It appears that we are now co-existing with whatever spirit or spirits that inhabit the B and B.


Lafayette Cemetery in the Garden District

We have toured two cemeteries and have seen the above ground mausoleums.  I've never seen anything like it. There are some which are well maintained and others that appear to have not had visitors for decades.  Lana and I made a point of stopping at the less maintained mausoleums to visit.

Interestingly these cemeteries did not have the feel of death that I've experienced back home and in other parts of the country.  I think it's because people from around here are really good at celebrating life, even in death.

I'll try to blog later about my visit to a Voodoo Priest and our other adventures here in the Big Easy.

No comments: