Saturday, July 5, 2014

Why Did Robin Thicke Cheat on Paula Patton


Singer Robin Thicke has been running all over the country declaring his undying love for his estranged wife Paula Patton. Apparently it is no secret that he was less than faithful to Paula during their 20 years together.

In his own words in a recent interview Robin says, "I changed, and I got a little too selfish, a little too greedy, and a little too full of myself.  I'm a man. I messed up and I had to lie for a while, and then I stopped lying."

The man cheated on his wife, supposedly multiple times and finally came clean about it, resulting in Paula Patton leaving him after having been with him since they were teenagers.

Per reports Robin hasn't seen Paula in four months, despite dedicating an album to her and other antics to win her back. Here is my question: If you loved this woman so much, so intensely, to the point where you are baring your soul to get her back, why did you cheat on her in the first place?

Though I'm annoyed by his hypocrisy, I do appreciate how he appears to be taking responsibility for his actions and acknowledging he was at fault.  In the same interview talks about how they are no longer together because of decisions he made.

Was a few hours, 15 minutes, however long of fun with some skank worth hurting the woman you claim to be so madly in love with?  This isn't a man who says he fell out of love with his wife, or wasn't getting what he needed from his marriage.  Not that falling out of love justifies infidelity, it just makes it more understandable.

Why do men cheat?  I'll be addressing this question in my next blog post so check back.  It will be sure to ruffle some feathers, but it's a conversation that needs to be had.

post signature

No comments: